TLWI Golang #89
Generics can make your Go code slower • I bought an M1 Mac and worked out how to use the GPU from Go • A curated list of awesome articles and resources for learning and practicing Go and its related technologies. • I made Devzat, a custom SSH server. It's like Discord, but in the terminal and over SSH. • Generics can make your Go code Faster. Here is your Golang Weekly curation for Sat Apr 02 2022.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Generics can make your Go code slower (3 days ago)
- I bought an M1 Mac and worked out how to use the GPU from Go (2 days ago)
- A curated list of awesome articles and resources for learning and practicing Go and its related technologies. (5 days ago)
- I made Devzat, a custom SSH server. It's like Discord, but in the terminal and over SSH. (6 days ago)
- Generics can make your Go code Faster (15 hours ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Maurício Linhares: Building and distributing a command line tool in Golang
- Chris Noring: Go from the beginning - working with log messages
- yedf2: Best Practice for TCC Distributed Transaction In Go
- Jacob Kim: Easy Sorting in Go
- Vladimir Mihailenco: Monitoring Gin and GORM with OpenTelemetry
- We're Serverless!: Serverless Framework example for Golang and Lambda
- Haile Lagi: A peek into the beam
- Girish Talekar: Internals of goroutines and Channels
- miniscruff: Changie - Automated Changelog Generation for Large Projects
- Scott McAllister: Requests for Go or Terraform Content?
- Karan Pratap Singh: HyperTrade - Distributed cryptocurrency trading bot
- Pallat Anchaleechamaikorn: เรียนรู้เรื่อง fuzzing ใน Go
- Ole Petersen: How to load test data in golang
- Kevin Burns: Skipfilter
- Vinícius Boscardin: Testando nossa api Go no Github Actions integrando com Codecov
- Bervianto Leo Pratama: What I've learned this week?
- miniscruff: Changie - Replacments and Choices
- Meet Gor: Golang- What and Why
- Dipankar Medhi: Best books on Go Programming Language
- Tiexin Guo: Creating a DevStream (dtm) Plugin for Anything
- SaptakBhoumik: Do you think that we need another go-like language ?
- Vinit Jogani: The optimal strategy for solving a Wordle....
- Kavindu Santhusa: Top 10 trending github repos of the week🐵.
- Clavin June: Comparing String to Avoid Time Based Attacks
- Gustavo Lopes: Go tests - How to verify if something was called?
- Meet Gor: Golang - Installation and Hello World
- Tiexin Guo: DevStream v0.3.1 Release Note
- Joe Mainwaring: Coder offers up to $30k referral bonus for engineers
- Tushar Mahmud: গো দিয়ে দুই মিনিটে ওয়েব সার্ভার তৈরি করি
- Sumant: Blockchain in Go
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- Xhofe/alist (Go): 🗂️A file list program that supports multiple storage, powered by Gin and React. / 一个支持多存储的文件列表程序，使用 Gin 和 React 。
- moby/moby (Go): Moby Project - a collaborative project for the container ecosystem to assemble container-based systems
- abiosoft/colima (Go): Container runtimes on macOS (and Linux) with minimal setup
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-azurerm (Go): Terraform provider for Azure Resource Manager
- OpenIMSDK/Open-IM-Server (Go): OpenIM: Instant messaging open source project based on go built by former IM technology experts. Backend in Go.（由IM技术专家打造的基于 Go 实现的即时通讯（IM）项目，从服务端到客户端SDK开源即时通讯（IM）整体解决方案，可以轻松替代第三方IM云服务，打造具备聊天、社交功能的app。）
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Fast and customizable vulnerability scanner based on simple YAML based DSL.
- charmbracelet/bubbletea (Go): A powerful little TUI framework 🏗
- prabhatsharma/zinc (Go): Zinc Search engine. A lightweight alternative to elasticsearch that requires minimal resources, written in Go.
- flower-corp/lotusdb (Go): Fast k/v storage compatible with lsm tree and b+tree, inspired by SLM-DB in USENIX FAST ’19.
- restic/restic (Go): Fast, secure, efficient backup program
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- vmware-tanzu/community-edition (Go): VMware Tanzu Community Edition is a full-featured, easy to manage Kubernetes platform for learners and users on your local workstation or your favorite cloud. Tanzu Community Edition enables the creation of application platforms: infrastructure, tooling, and services providing location to run applications and enable positive developer experiences.
- siderolabs/talos (Go): Talos Linux is a modern Linux distribution built for Kubernetes.
- dtm-labs/dtm (Go): A distributed transaction framework that supports multiple languages, supports saga, tcc, xa, 2-phase message strategies.
- pingcap/tidb (Go): TiDB is an open source distributed HTAP database compatible with the MySQL protocol
- segmentio/kafka-go (Go): Kafka library in Go
- open-telemetry/opentelemetry-go (Go): OpenTelemetry Go API and SDK
- cortexproject/cortex (Go): A horizontally scalable, highly available, multi-tenant, long term Prometheus.
- cloudreve/Cloudreve (Go): 🌩支持多家云存储的云盘系统 (Self-hosted file management and sharing system, supports multiple storage providers)
- crawlab-team/crawlab (Go): Distributed web crawler admin platform for spiders management regardless of languages and frameworks. 分布式爬虫管理平台，支持任何语言和框架
- photoprism/photoprism (Go): Photos App powered by Go and Google TensorFlow 🌈 ✨
- minio/minio (Go): High Performance, Kubernetes Native Object Storage
- tidwall/gjson (Go): Get JSON values quickly - JSON parser for Go
- weaveworks/eksctl (Go): The official CLI for Amazon EKS
- zeromicro/go-zero (Go): A web and RPC framework written in Go. It's born to ensure the stability of the busy sites with resilient design. Builtin goctl greatly improves the development productivity.
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- How are people managing CRUD reasonably
- Errors importing package
- Generics - method must have no type parameters
- Hi there, can you please help me writing this code?
- Memory footprint of a goroutine?
- Some thought about
:=while creating a new variable
- Go -race detector ? How does it work, where can I find its code and documentation?
- How do you unit test a concurrent data structure?
- Communications between api-s inside localhost
- Golang specification and emojis
- Tools to detect starvation & livelocks?
- Best Practices for DB Connections
- How to embed -ldflags in go file
- Cannot Run Go Test File
- Does standard module log do rotation
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄