TLWI Golang #48
We're writing a 100% compatible drop in MySQL replacement in pure golang. That means copying all of MySQL's dumbest decisions, FYI: a single Go rune is not the same as a single visible character, We wrote a book about building business applications in Go, Columnar in-memory store with bitmap indexing. Here is your Golang Weekly curation for Wed Jun 23 2021.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- We're writing a 100% compatible drop in MySQL replacement in pure golang. That means copying all of MySQL's dumbest decisions (2 days ago)
- FYI: a single Go rune is not the same as a single visible character (6 days ago)
- We wrote a book about building business applications in Go (10 hours ago)
- Columnar in-memory store with bitmap indexing (5 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Javad Rajabzade: How to use Go Modules with Private Git repository
- Wojciech Matuszewski: Understanding the AWS Lambda Runtime API
- Javad Rajabzade: Getting Started with Go Context
- Javad Rajabzade: Build CI/CD pipelines in Go with github actions and Dockers
- swyx: The 4 Types of Activity timeouts in Temporal
- Mario Carrion: Building Microservices in Go: REST APIs - OpenAPI 3 and Swagger UI
- Dan Gillis: REST API Error Handling in Go
- Gisela Miranda Difini: Parallel Mandelbrot Set Using Golang
- Roko Romic: Bootstrapping a Startup on AWS with AWS Serverless and Go
- Dominik Braun: timetrace: New features of the time tracking CLI
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Rotate Image
- Javad Rajabzade: Algorithms for Go
- Gunnsteinn Hall: Watermarking PDF Files in Go
- Marco Villarreal: Deploy a Serverless Api on Cloud Run with Github Actions
- Alexandre Liberato: Instalando asdf e Golang no Ubuntu 20.04
- Gernot Glawe: Implement Unit, Integration and Application Test for CDK Infrastructure and an EC2 Web Server Application
- Karan Pratap Singh: Go Fiber, performant alternative to Express
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- v2fly/v2ray-core (Go): A platform for building proxies to bypass network restrictions.
- thanos-io/thanos (Go): Highly available Prometheus setup with long term storage capabilities. A CNCF Incubating project.
- harvester/harvester (Go): Open source hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) software
- gohugoio/hugo (Go): The world’s fastest framework for building websites.
- rancher/rancher (Go): Complete container management platform
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- denverquane/automuteus (Go): Discord Bot to automute Among Us players at round transitions, in conjunction with https://github.com/denverquane/amonguscapture
- influxdata/telegraf (Go): The plugin-driven server agent for collecting & reporting metrics.
- erda-project/erda (Go): An enterprise-grade application building, deploying, monitoring platform (An iPaaS).
- nsqio/nsq (Go): A realtime distributed messaging platform
- gruntwork-io/terratest (Go): Terratest is a Go library that makes it easier to write automated tests for your infrastructure code.
- maaslalani/slides (Go): Terminal based presentation tool
- derailed/popeye (Go): 👀 A Kubernetes cluster resource sanitizer
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Nuclei is a fast tool for configurable targeted vulnerability scanning based on templates offering massive extensibility and ease of use.
- tektoncd/pipeline (Go): A cloud-native Pipeline resource.
- megaease/easegress (Go): A Cloud Native traffic orchestration system
- valyala/fasthttp (Go): Fast HTTP package for Go. Tuned for high performance. Zero memory allocations in hot paths. Up to 10x faster than net/http
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- milvus-io/milvus (Go): An open source vector database powered by Faiss, NMSLIB and Annoy
- drakkan/sftpgo (Go): Fully featured and highly configurable SFTP server with optional FTP/S and WebDAV support - S3, Google Cloud Storage, Azure Blob
- grpc-ecosystem/grpc-gateway (Go): gRPC to JSON proxy generator following the gRPC HTTP spec
- flipped-aurora/gin-vue-admin (Go): 基于 gin+vue 搭建的后台管理系统框架，集成 jwt 鉴权，权限管理，动态路由，分页封装，多点登录拦截，资源权限，上传下载，代码生成器，表单生成器，通用工作流等基础功能，五分钟一套 CURD 前后端代码，目 VUE3 版本正在重构，欢迎 issue 和 pr~
- lightningnetwork/lnd (Go): Lightning Network Daemon ⚡️
- GoogleContainerTools/kaniko (Go): Build Container Images In Kubernetes
- kyverno/kyverno (Go): Kubernetes Native Policy Management
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Fetch only ONE row QueryRow(x)?
- My course "Master Go" is open again
- Testing program
- Golang FTP PASS (password) command works locally, but doesn't while running on ECS
- Go Developer Wanted: #Proptech Australia
- Order in channels
- How to write a file with go code?
- How to consume Third Part API using Golang?
- Freelance Go project opportunities (REMOTE)
- Help with syscall and getdents function
- Testing strategies with go routines
- GoLang language specification Document: What the declaration chan<- <-chan int means
- Returning a pointer to a struct
- How to find how much days left in a date
- Fork/exec no such file or directory LD_PRELOAD
- Printing a large structure
- Newbie question: panic: mat: zero length in matrix dimension - Neural Networks
- Problem while using go module
- Where to place Go main on a Web Server?
- SigNoz - an open source performance monitoring tool for your Golang applications
- Help with obtaining the go toolchain in memory-constrained environments
- Autofill Website Form From Window's Popup Window
- Specify local IP address in net.DialTCP throwing error bind: address already in use
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄